Monday 19 August 2013

Holi Festival of Colours London

Last weekend (11/8/13) three friends and I went to Holi Festival of Colours at Battersea Power Station in London. None of us had ever been before but all went to Bestival together last summer, so thought we'd do something a bit different as Mel and Ewan (the lovely couple to the right of me in the above pic) can't come to Bestival again this year :-(

The idea of the festival is based around the Hindu religious festival of Holi, everyone comes in white clothing, then every hour throughout the day you throw coloured powder in the air and get absolutely covered in it. There were also some great DJs to have a little boogie to and it was so much fun! I'd definitely recommend it if you like getting a bit messy, but bring plenty of money, it was quite an expensive day out...

I brought a disposable camera with me but my photography skills were held back a bit by excessive cider consumption, so I've used some of the ones that Ewan took. Ewan's a bit of a pro at taking pictures and has just graduated from Newport Uni with a degree in Photography for Fashion and Advertising. Check out his blog here http://this2.tumblr.com

-PB






No comments:

Post a Comment