Thursday 21 August 2014

Autumn Style Picks

In what seems like a blink of an eye, summer has decided to make its way out. Yes, we might still have some sunshine, but instead of hot lunch breaks spent in the park, there's now a definite autumnal chill in the air.

Instead of mourning the loss of summer 2014 by mid-August, it means its officially OK to start planning, getting excited about and even purchasing some new autumn style essentials. Summer ending doesn't seem so bad now does it?

Here are a few items I'm lusting after for the approaching chilly months...

Parka - £70, Pull & Bear

Source: pullandbear.com
Personally I think the outfit the parka has been styled with in this picture kind of spoils it (fash ignorance maybe, but black socks with that skirt - really?), but believe me it is SO gorgeous. I tried it on in store on a recent trip to Westfield and the way the faux fur hood hugs your neck is just heavenly. Parkas are a timeless staple and at £70 a really reasonably priced investment. I can't wait to wear it.

Black ripped JAMIE jeans - £42, Topshop

Source: topshop.com
I can just hear my mum (and boyfriend!) shouting in my ear 'your knees will get cold!', but I'm all for a bit of impracticality when jeans look this good. Ripped jeans are massively 'in' for autumn, and I rarely buy them from anywhere other than Topshop, as they're great quality and fit my shape in a way a lot of other jeans don't. These ones are super tight but flattering, and have a bit of stretch in them which, let's face it, all of us need after one of mum's roast dinners! Teamed with some chunky boots and a big coat, these will take you from autumn through to winter.

Chunky heeled boots - £30, Boohoo.com

Source: boohoo.com
Just the sort of boots I'd be teaming with those ripped skinnies! Although they look quite high, the arch on these isn't too big, so would hopefully be comfortable for every day wear. Everyone enjoys having a bit of extra height, and at £30 it's confidence with only a small dent to your wallet.

Leather Jacket - £119.99, Mango

Source: mango.com
The price tag makes me wince a bit, but every girl needs a decent leather jacket. I lost my beloved Miss Selfridge faux leather number in a bar a couple of months back and have been on the hunt for a new one ever since. I'd never experienced love at first sight before, but with this Mango jacket, I think I now have. The leather is so soft and fits perfectly, I've now convinced myself that I NEED this jacket. It'll improve my life infinitely... right?

Paisley boyfriend shirt - £22.99, Missguided.co.uk

Source: missguided.co.uk
A vintage style, paisley print shirt livens up what is otherwise a fairly dark autumn wardrobe colour palette. Tucked into a pair of jeans paired with chunky boots, this works as gorgeous smart casual outfit both in and out of the office. And in a relaxed boyfriend style, it's perfect for lazy days and thrown over a pair of leggings.

Hope you enjoyed my picks, let me know if there's anything you're looking forward to wearing for autumn - I can't wait to wear all these!

-PB 

No comments:

Post a Comment